Author Topic: UNIX Port of Clarity?  (Read 4669 times)

starwarp2000

• View Profile
    • Email
UNIX Port of Clarity?
« on: July 14, 2012, 07:21:00 AM »
Will there ever be a UNIX port of the Clarity Environment?

Can the source be compiled on UNIX, or does it contain too many Windows dependencies?

Thanks for your time.  :)
If at first you don't succeed, call it Version 1.0

TomAddis

• Professor Emeritus
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tom.Addis
    • Email
Re: UNIX Port of Clarity?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 02:42:41 PM »
If you look at the source code you will see that it is written in standard C++.  The platform dependent material is kept separate to the core interpreter as X-Files (prefix with an X) which contain all the appropriate API's.  The original core FAITH interpreter was initially developed on a SUN workstation using UNIX.  We then moved to using an old Apple Mac system and then finally a PC Window operating system.  For a long time we kept both the Apple and PC versions going but in the end we just continued with the PC.

I should imagine that any UNIX programmer who took the current source code could change it to work under a UNIX system.  The source code is available to download free.

Regards Tom

sneax

• sneakers - nike air max, adidas, diadoras etc
    • View Profile
    • http://sneakerstudio.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 10:20:04 PM »
what about Ubuntu possibilities?

Kennethjsherwood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 07:49:15 AM »
Thank you for sharing. There are things here that I didn't think some time as of late. Because of cool such a position, to the point that is to a great degree carefully taken, we will talk a huge amount of colleagues about it.

vertabelo

• View Profile
    • academy.vertabelo.com
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 03:38:00 PM »
I'm not a pro in Linux, is UNIX a general name for the whole family of systems, or what? I'm operating Kubuntu myself...
Learn SQL effectively, with our no-fool-around online course academy.vertabelo.com!