Author Topic: The Forum - A break through?  (Read 10513 times)

TomAddis

• Professor Emeritus
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tom.Addis
    • Email
The Forum - A break through?
« on: October 03, 2010, 10:46:23 AM »
Hi everyone,

I note we are now through the 500 barrier and at this rate of new members we will be through the 1000 barrier in end of February 2011.  However, not much discussion going on or questions being asked.  So why are you all joining?

Any truthful answers would be appriciated.

Tom
 8)

starwarp2000

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Forum - A break through?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 06:32:03 AM »
Hi Tom,

I'm just new here so, I thought I would drop in and speak :)
My programming background before was in Assembler, C, Scheme, and recently, D.
I have been working through the book "Drawing Programs" and find it most exciting!
Having done functional programming before (Scheme) I can pick up the ideas very quickly.
All in all, you have done a great job with designing this concept of 'Schematic Programming' and bringing it into realisation with Clarity and Faith. (Pun Intended)  ;)

A few questions:

1) Working through the book, you keep stating that Clarity Lite doesn't use this or that programming functionality , only Clarity Pro does. Does the book (In the parts I haven't read yet) go into the Clarity Pro Environment?

2) We would all like our program to do brilliant things: i.e. open files, manipulate pixels, etc. Does Clarity Pro come with it's own GUI or can I use an Aftermarket one like QT?

Thanks for a great programming environment, in which I can finally put my ideas into code "Easily", and also a great book!
You will be hearing more from me in the future as more questions crop up.

Thanks again.

If at first you don't succeed, call it Version 1.0

TomAddis

• Professor Emeritus
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tom.Addis
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 07:48:24 AM »
Hi Starwarp,
Nice to have you on board; welcome.

ClarityLite was written at the request of my students who kept on complaining that there was too much to learn.  So in response we created ClrtityLite that just focused on what I thought were the essential programming concepts.  So many of the simple ideas were delt with in this framework.  However, we wanted the book to go much further and so the later chapters are for ClaritPro only.

ClarityPro has most of the file manipulations (Chapter 8, page275 +) you need,  but pixel manipulation would have to be done via your own functions.  Building your own library extensions are all described (there are three ways of doing it) and this of course goes with GUI (Chapter 9 page 315 +, particularly page 319).  We hope that the extension of ClarityPro will be done by others with different objectives so, at the most extreme, the source (in C) code is available on-line.

There is also the possibility of embeding Clarity/Faith as a function in your own code so anything is possible.

Happy to respond to any questions etc

Have fun and many thanks for your nice words.

Tom

michel7more

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 05:42:58 AM »
Have post which are programming oriented, have some games in forums...that will i think increase the membership number and many more new things.

TomAddis

• Professor Emeritus
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tom.Addis
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 09:22:31 AM »
Hi Michel7more,

Welcome and I hope you will enjoy Clarity.  Please feel free to write about your games.  There might be one that could involve using Clarity itself (build yourself out a problem - say?). ;D

All the best

Tom

kenneth8gib

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 10:29:44 AM »
Yes i agree with michle7more and i think have a nagging innovation and new product development issue.

TomAddis

• Professor Emeritus
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tom.Addis
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 10:38:25 AM »
Hi Kenneth8gib

Interesting; tell us more!

erik1rosa

• MSN Messenger - cochran1010@gmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - erik1rosa
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - erik1rosa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 07:06:41 AM »
It is true that no more discussions and topics are available but I would like to give my little but participation before it get expanded.

TomAddis

• Professor Emeritus
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tom.Addis
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 05:27:02 PM »
We have now reached our 1000 member. ;D 8)

chidufjd

• MSN Messenger - tianwoyanjin@sina.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - chidufjd
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - chidufjd
    • View Profile
    • http://www.discount-miumiu.com/
miu miu
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 02:02:10 AM »
Miu Miu Handbags designed with exquisite drape and golden decorative clasp chain are further embodiment of high temperament. In 2010, Miu Miu chain bags are very popular styles as they are still elegant.  However, Miu Miu Bags are easily matched and worth for collecting for everyone. Pick up your own bags in Miumiu store now!

TomAddis

• Professor Emeritus
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tom.Addis
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 07:40:33 AM »
I have asked people not to use this as a source for free advertising.  You are now banned from future posting.  However if you agree to only use this site for its main purpose - Clarity activities then I will lift the ban.

Regards

Tom

chidufjd

• MSN Messenger - tianwoyanjin@sina.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - chidufjd
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - chidufjd
    • View Profile
    • http://www.discount-miumiu.com/
Miu Miu
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 06:47:10 AM »
More and more people become crazy about Miu Miu because of its simple yet classic design. And this Miumiu store will be your good way to get other fabulous accessories you want. You could show off your taste with Miu Miu Bags. In addition, we have a wide range of Miu Miu Handbags on sale for you to choose.

sneax

• sneakers - nike air max, adidas, diadoras etc
    • View Profile
    • http://sneakerstudio.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2018, 10:22:30 PM »
I'm just an internet forums traveller, I like internet old and I'm bored and it's Sat, the day I'm bored the most

litex

• View Profile
    • advertising gazebo manufacturer
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2018, 02:31:34 AM »
I'm simply roaming here and there, and getting new ideas about marketing online... : )
checking out the vast spaces of the internet, looking for places to discuss my business in - I make advertising parasols, gazebos, flags, banners, we're therefore advertising gazebo manufacturers and so on...

vertabelo

• View Profile
    • academy.vertabelo.com
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2018, 03:38:50 PM »
Well, me too, looking for oppotunities in self education in a variety of tools, from code to graphic edition programs...
Learn SQL effectively, with our no-fool-around online course academy.vertabelo.com!