Author Topic: Stopping a process and stack indicator  (Read 9211 times)

TomAddis

• Professor Emeritus
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tom.Addis
    • Email
Stopping a process and stack indicator
« on: February 17, 2010, 06:17:35 PM »
One of the facilities not mentioned in the book Drawing Programs is the use of the 'escape' (esc) button to jump out of long process or never ending loop.  To do this you require to select, before you start, the menu item:

Control -> Enable/Disable Escape.

If you don't select this the only option is to 'End Task' which will lose all your work done before the last .ddb save.

Activating the 'Enable/Disable Escape' will have the effect of slowing down the process and changing the active curser to a circle.  The circle will have a black segment that will vary in size during the processing.  This segment shows how much of the stack is being used during a process.  While this is active pressing the 'esc' key will jump out of any process and take you back to the QUERY level.  The 'esc' key may have to be pressed more than once to execute the jump.

This is a very useful facility while developing functions since you don't lose what you have done if you make a 'big' mistake.

Have fun.

TomAddis

christina

• View Profile
Re: Stopping a process and stack indicator
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 12:35:18 AM »
Are there any members in this forum or am I all alone.

How do I get the source ?

Christina

TomAddis

• Professor Emeritus
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tom.Addis
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 03:30:08 PM »
No you are not alone.http://www.clarity-support.co.uk/forum/Smileys/default/smiley.gif

The source code is now available through the link provided.  We have had some problems cleaning up the code. So I have not had time to look to see who has responded.

Tom

michel97moreno

• MSN Messenger - michel97moreno@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - michel97moreno
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - michel97moreno
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 12:41:09 PM »
Thanks for sharing !

TomAddis

• Professor Emeritus
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tom.Addis
    • Email
Re: Stopping a process and stack indicator. Also buffer size and 'show'
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 07:39:18 AM »
My pleasure and hope you will find it useful.

We are still doing some minor developments.  For example, we notice that the buffer size for holding the function parameter definitions is fixed.  This will be made variable in due course.  We have simply doubled the fixed size for the moment to take a 12 parameter function definition (don't ask).

We are also working on changing the function 'show' so that it will call the Faith to Clarity if no picture is available.  We will upload new source code sometime towards the end of the year with some of these minor changes.

terrence777

• MSN Messenger - cochran109@gmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - terrence777
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - terrence777
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 12:58:35 PM »
This is a wonderful opinion. The things mentioned are unanimous and needs to be appreciated by everyone.
It's real appreciable and generic. hope it will provide great help for everyone...

Alba66peach

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 06:20:37 AM »
Thanks for providing useful information...It will be useful for developing functions and their is no threaten of  lose what you have done. Thanks for the source code link. It's really appreciable..

aikon

• View Profile
    • sash window Colours
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 01:09:58 AM »
How much of Drawing Programs is actually considered open source, then?
sash window Colours are ones of THE finest out there

litex

• View Profile
    • advertising gazebo manufacturer
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 03:37:28 AM »
I need some more comprehensive tips on using stack in the context of DP ,and stakc indicatior, too, consequently... help, anyone?
checking out the vast spaces of the internet, looking for places to discuss my business in - I make advertising parasols, gazebos, flags, banners, we're therefore advertising gazebo manufacturers and so on...